Get the best Diet Tips at Diet Nutrition Advisor
My friends are freezing in New York City and since they’re buried up to their chins in snow, I thought I’d attempt to warm them up with my preferred cauliflower soup. This is a smooth, rich and extremely tasty soup. I combined it with a side of Roasted Sweet Potato fries. You can use them for dipping or go crazy like my BF and simply toss them in for a bit of color. Enjoy Monkies and keep warm!
For the Winter season White Cauliflower Soup
2 TB extra-virgin olive oil or coconut butter
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
big pinch of red pepper flakes
1⁄2 cup white wine
1 1⁄2 quarts vegetable stock or filtered water
4 thyme sprigs
2 bay leaves
3 ⁄ 4 to 1 cup coconut milk, homemade nut milk or unsweetened soy milk
1 TB fresh lemon juice
Garnish: 1 cup reserved cauliflower, cut into small florets
For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes
1 TB extra-virgin olive oil
1 TB agave or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
few dashes of cayenne
nice pinch of sea salt
Instructions For Winter season White Cauliflower Soup
1. In a big saucepan or soup pot, heat the oils over moderate heat.
2. Include the onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Include the cauliflower, reserving 1 cup for the garnish.
4. Period with salt, pepper and pepper scabs and cook for 5 mins longer.
5. Include the white wine and reduce by half.
6. Add simply enough vegetable stock to cover the cauliflower, add the thyme and bay leaves.
7. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower hurts, about 15 mins, then dispose of the bay leaves.
8. Get rid of 2 cups of the cooking fluid and reserved.
9. In a blender or food processor, puree the cauliflower mixture in batches.
10. Include the reserved food preparation liquid as required if the mixture is too thick.
11. When all the soup has actually been pureed, return it to a clean pot and location over low heat.
12. Stir in the milk of selection, adding more or less to reach preferred consistency.
13. Taste and include a dash of salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice if needed.
14. Include booked cauliflower florets to soup and cook until soft. About 5 mins.
Serve with Roasted Dessert Potatoes.
Instructions For Roasted Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Wash and clean potatoes.
3. In a huge bowl, stir together the olive oil, paprika, cayenne and sea salt. and reserved.
4. Cut the potatoes into medium ‘french fries’.
5. Toss the potatoes in the oil and flavors till well covered.
6. Organize the potatoes in a single layer on a parchment paper lined cooking sheet.
7. Bake for 25 to 40 mins, stirring occasionally, until the fries are golden and crisp.
8. Serve immediately.
Winter White Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Sweet Potatoes